FMG ALWAYS FAST & RELIABLE
FMG offers breakdown analysis and extruder gearbox repair services that allow our customers to get back up and running in short order. From Akron, Ohio, we have resources to quickly obtain materials, bearings, seals and other critical items necessary for quickly completing gearbox rebuilds.
FMG Extruder Gearbox Repair
Our rebuilding process starts with inspection, disassembly, and cleaning.
We will determine the cause of failure and provide this information along with our quotation. Any evidence of misalignment, excessive heat, or overloading in your gearbox will be noted.
Gearbox Repair Process
- Visual Inspection– Visual inspection before disassembly.
- Disassembly & Cleaning– We carefully remove and catalog each part.
- Cause of Failure Analysis – FMG verifies sizes and gear geometry, pinions, bearing and bearing surfaces requiring repair or replacement.
- Quoting –Based on findings, FMG supplies the customer with a detailed evaluation report, including photographs, and provides a detailed quote based on findings.
- Gearbox Repair & Rebuild –Once an order is placed, FMG begins the rebuild process, starting with ordering all necessary bearings, seals, pinions, etc.
- Assembly & Testing–All gearboxes have tooth contact checked and backlash, as well as all shaft end, play too. A no-load spin test is performed at the top-rated speed of the gearbox to verify the correct operation before shipment.
FMG can re-engineer and refurbish extrusion equipment from any OEM. Old school knowledge & experience. In addition, we can custom-design extrusion equipment and machine components or refurbish and upgrade nonfunctional, outdated processing machinery.
FMG Offers the Following Machine Rebuilding Options
- Complete Machine Rebuild
- New OEM Barrels & Screws – Single Screw or Conical & Parallel Twins
- Component Rebuild – Feed Throat, Feed Door Assemblies, Barrels, Feedscrews, Etc.
- Gearbox Evaluation & Repair
- Control Upgrades & Auxiliary Integration
FMG will give the hands-on personal attention you get with an independent private company, as it worked in the good old days.
Common Extruder OEMs
- Cincinnati Milacron
- Kruass Maffei
- American Maplan
- Link Belt